"Dual Roots" was completed and released this week, as you might have seen already. I'm very pleased with it! By the time this post goes live it will be active on all of Society6, Redbubble, and Art of Where, as well as properly cataloged on the first two platforms. You can visit S6 and RB on the sidebar!
With that one done, I can move back to chipping away a Uke Fresco... which brings me to related bad news: my ukulele broke!! It was very unfortunate. The peg that lodged the neck and the body together had splintered and broken down over time due to the tension of the strings. So I decided to detach it and replace the core with a very large screw and a lot more woodglue. To further reinforce I decided to drive nails down, but in the process I managed to splice the Dark Crystal from the back of the neck, adding more work... some gluing and woodfilling later, it's a hot mess. I left it alone for a week having been caught up with my main work but I hope to return to it later today. I'll need to clean it up, sand it, paint over repairs, and seal it again. I've been a little sad all week that I haven't been able to practice my tunes, so fingers crossed the finishing goes swiftly.
Tomorrow, I'll be starting the new batch of "Vessel" prints for the end of the month, which I look forward to. I have considered livestreaming, but I still have to sit on the idea a little longer. I'm self-conscious of my workspace since it is just the basement where most junk and food essentials are stored. If I just pose the angle at the table where I'm working it might be worth a shot, but it would have to incorporate both inking and the press. Maybe when I'm done registering paper I'll fiddle around with a tripod someplace, and arrange for no interruptions.
After "Vessel" is done, I actually recovered some other plates that I wish to print off of. It'll be fun to revisit "Gruff", "Saturnine", and "Glassmaker's Hearth" to build up some stock, but I also have this larger one I crafted to test out integrated glass printing a few years back. It's just a scene of marshland, but it'll be fun to see how it would look like as a vitreograph. It's worn in deep so I'm unsure it would work as an intaglio surface but it's still worth trying!
That's pretty much it for now. I'll be joining a phone meeting with GAAC about the Social Media Team proposal I mentioned last week, and I'll let you know how that goes. If you haven't visited the Virtual Exhibition, please do!
Happy Father's Day,
P.S. Oh!! Society6 has joined the facemask game, which means I have to revisit all of my designs on there up to date... Nice, but also ugh, more upkeep. Should only take me a sitting though, so I'll get it done asap!